Tools that Make Your Business Work Online, 24 Hours a Day
By Marketecture on December 14th, 2012
Hats off to you, business owner, running a business is hard. If your company is still in its baby stages, or even if you are well established, you probably already feel like this is far more than a full-time job. It is a twenty-four hour commitment! Well, sleep, families, and leisure time is precious so it is time to start finding tools to alleviate some of the work load and do the work for you. Yes, you read that right. There are actual strategies and tools that are available at your disposal, no matter the size or success of your business, which will keep your business moving while you sit back, relax, and watch season four, five, and six of Real Housewives of Orange County (are you a Vicki fan? That is really telling, you know!).
Here are a few tools to consider to lessen some stress…
- Newsletters: Have you ever received a newsletter at the crack of dawn and thought to yourself, “Shoot, those people over at Company XYZ must never sleep!” Well, here is a little secret: the people over at Company XYZ do sleep. In fact, they were probably just starting to open their eyes for the day and stop dreaming of swimming in all of their money while you were opening that email.
Newsletters can help you because they let you inside of peoples’ homes (and you don’t even have to ring a doorbell!). They help you to develop a connection with your customers and keep in contact. Newsletters are also nice because you can schedule them to send out when you aren’t even in your office. Now how cool is that?
- Blog posts: Just like newsletters, blog posts allow your business into people’s homes. Your target or current customers are able to read your blog at their own leisure—they can read it on their tablets, phones, and computers at any time of day. And just like newsletters again, you are able to schedule your blog posts to automatically post when you aren’t at your desk. Type a few during the week, and schedule them to blast every couple of days. It’s foolproof, effective, and will make you seem like a super hip company (which you are, duh!). Remember to always consider your current or potential customers and all their interests. Blog posts are an excellent way to share your company’s personality and motifs.
- Giveaways: Hosting a giveaway or promotion on your site is never a bad idea. For starters, it rewards frequent site visitors and gives people an incentive to shop from you. Secondly, it keeps people interested at any time of day. Giveaways are an easy way to drive traffic to your site and get people talking about you…and all you have to do is say the word free. How easy is that?
- Coupons: Schedule coupons to activate at different times during the month. Just like giveaways, coupons reward frequent customers and are an incentive for target customers to buy from you.
- Tweet, tweet!: Okay, okay. So you have to do a little work here, but hardly! Firing off a Tweet is a simple (simple!) way to say, ”Hey customers, I’m still here!” Don’t make it extravagant or haphazardly slap together a tweet; promote a deal that will be happening the next day or breaking news in your industry. Example: Is everyone watching the Rachel Ray show? That recipe would taste better with our sweet + salty sauce…what do you guys think? Bam. It’s short and sweet and not the least bit pushy—plus it engages your customers. And it took you, what? Five seconds?
- Update your Facebook: Again, you have to do a little bit of work here, but not much. Updating your Facebook keeps your customers interested and reminds people who have liked your page exactly why they liked it in the first place. Share your opinions about a new product in the market, post a funny video you found on the Internet that relates to your field, ask your Facebook fans a question and encourage them to answer in the comments—just be creative and be present. Remember to reply back to your customers to keep the conversation alive and fresh.
Look at that? Tools that help you stay connected 24 hours a day…and you might even get a nap in!
Exclusive: Free Website and Online Services
Sorry, comments are closed.